Personal Snippet

My photo
I am a writer, a painter, and a lover. A pagan who doesn't get enough time with her spiritual side, and an open minded person who believes that someday we'll all be genderless beings who function for more than just the dollar. Call me what you will, you'll love me once you get to know me.

Sep 14, 2009

The First of Many Things

I am not going to rant and rave and share deep.... 'Thoughts' about myself on the first scribble. It may scare and amuse you all.

No. I plan to first declare that I am doing this because myspace sucks, oh, and I feel it is a proper thing to do given my circumstance.

I am currently living in a campground near Junction City Kansas. Car-Camping some would call it; where my car is not far from the reach of my tent. In any case, I have been doing this for four days/nights now and can not say I am missing my apartment! Since I could remember (So it goes as far back as 6 years old.) I have wanted to live in a wagon and travel the U.S. ; Instead, I went to college and screwed up by not being filthy rich before going. Didn't finish, tried to do other.... conventional things, and that fell flat as well. Left FL to KS for work. Found it. Lost it.

With the economy the way it is, I am astonished people assume you can survive without work for very long. Emotionally I was a mess, another failed attempt at life the way everyone else has it. Then, the love of my life (Seeing me in a state he never has before - and trust me we've been through the ringer together) decides to have a great idea. "Let's use the last scrap of cash to get gas, get a tent, buy food, and go out to live in just that. A tent." Why not? So we did. That very same day we dumped our non-essentials and went out to the great outdoors. Have not regretted a single moment!!

So... Here's a quick tour then eh?

Day 0 (Sep. 10 2009)
Woke to find that though I love my friend Bethany for letting us couch surf, I was more depressed than ever to find I would be living in another... filthy home. One like the apt in Lauderdale FL. I had to share for a time.

This did not sit well with me.

Had an Econoline 150 waiting for us; Got a loan for 200$ as our car for leverage... Happy as a lark that we were going to have a home.

The guy gave the van to a 'friend' (Who never paid him btw) even though we had $200 in our hands and he promised to wait until FRI... I was so depressed I couldn't cry.

After several hours of self loathing, Allen comes up with brilliant idea.

First night camping - much to learn...

Day 1 (Sep. 11 2009)
Woke in pool of sweat because we did not allow Tent to breath. Much more to learn.

Ate hot dogs and can'o'chilli. It was good.

Tried to shower but couldn't figure out how without any water, soap, or towels. Went into town to get supplies.

Worked ass off to collect wood, kindling, and much TP was lost.

Strong winds... Kansas has lots of them. Dry lightning... FL had lots of them.

Day 2 (Sep. 12 2009)
2:15am - woke to thundershowers!!! Strong winds were making it hard to put canopy over tent.

4:30am - Tent front fell over me and heard Allen curse in Klingon. Rushed pillows into car and slept inside our Geo Prism.

9:25am - Found journal nearly soaked to all heaven. Used car heater to stay warm. Went out to assess damage. Tent was fine, soaked and pooled. Things were completely soaked. Camera is now dead. I mourned its loss.

Around noon - went into town. Got supplies and shower at Bethany's house. Ate at Sirloin Stockade.

Returned to camp after wandering around town and found that we couldn't fish for shit. It was fun to learn.

Couldn't start fire because of wetness. Moved spit to another locale. Cleaned and dried tent.

Ate spaghetti in a can. Yum (No really, it is good over a fire.)

Day 3 (Sep. 13 2009)
9:30am - woke up feeling great. Well rested and looking forward to the day. Allen woke up feeling lazy and wanting to watch GI Joe.

Went into town, after nabbing a quick shower (Mmmmm warm showers!), ate some Subway, then waited for Theater to open.

GI Joe had a campy feel - Red head was smokin' hot, and Snake Eyes was a badass.

Not wanting to bother with gathering food or wood; Allen and I went to Dollar General to grab a quick meal for Monday, Marshmellows, and ate at Taco Bell.

Purchased firewood, (I know I know, I want to kick myself too.) because we're lazy.

Caught a White Bass not at all expecting to catch something. Might have to purchase proper tools for filleting. Also learned.... Life often finds a way to treat you like utter shit. Spent too much money. Must conserve until we can donate blood, do day labor, and go to work...

Fought with fire more so than usual. No rain or wind. Moved tent closer to camp. Cooked fish and marshmellows over fire. Talked about how awesome we are as a team - and how true it is. Walked to shower stations to wash off fish smell, talked about love, sex, and how much of a freak I am. Slept like babies under the starlight.

Day 4 (Sep 14 2009)
Kicked myself this morning! Not sure what time it was when I woke. Phone (which serves as an alarm clock not a way to communicate.) died in middle of night and we slept until I had to pee. Damn it all.

Allen was able to make it to his interview without a fuss. Lola was nice he says and after a background check they'll schedule a real (Finish the paperwork deals.) interview and let him work (With prayer he might nab the job). Had an up and down day - decided to create blog incase journal gets soaked again.

Miss mom and dad... Might try calling them today.


So, there you have it folks. Let's hope this keeps up - Not being poor, but living as I dreamed. With some elbow grease and hardwork we might be able to fix our car! Oh, and winter? Yeah... Not sure what to do.

Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment